For First Time Visitors

If you are a first time visitor to this blog, I invite you to start from the beginning, especially if you are unfamiliar with the potential emotional impact of long-term child abuse.

Trigger caution to unhealed survivors!

Understanding the Incomprehensible

Children of incest or long-term sexual abuse grow up to be wounded adults with complicated emotional issues. Unfortunately, some symptoms are misinterpreted or often dismissed as "crazy", only serving to maintain a tormented victim status. We, as a society, have the power to change this dynamic. Each of us can make a difference.

Feb 28, 2012

Lack of Posting...Apologies

Last year I had so many health issues that I thought would be resolved going into 2012. But some followed me and there are new ones. I haven't had much going on with my own healing since my mind seems to be letting me focus on healing the body. I suspect my blogging has slowed down as a matter of course but hope what I have written remains a resource for new and healing victims of DID. Thank you to those who continue to visit the blog.

2 comments:

Sarah Blake said...

This blog has been super helpful for me in understanding DID. I work for a domestic violence and sexual assault shelter and advocacy organization. I wondered if you have any good ideas for a brief newsletter article for our org.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your kind comments, Sarah. You are welcome to use helpful info from any of my blogs as long as the source is cited. Most organizations just don't understand DID and that it's set usually by the time the child enters kindergarten. Therefore the child is unable to speak of the abuse due to amnesia. It's so hidden. It can be seen in drawings and writing and "make believe" stories. Children usually use their own circumstances to make up stories. Good luck!