For First Time Visitors

If you are a first time visitor to this blog, I invite you to start from the beginning, especially if you are unfamiliar with the potential emotional impact of long-term child abuse.

Trigger caution to unhealed survivors!

Understanding the Incomprehensible

Children of incest or long-term sexual abuse grow up to be wounded adults with complicated emotional issues. Unfortunately, some symptoms are misinterpreted or often dismissed as "crazy", only serving to maintain a tormented victim status. We, as a society, have the power to change this dynamic. Each of us can make a difference.

Oct 23, 2008

The constant battle

I found this video on YouTube this morning. It's extremely well done. It is the struggle I would think anyone living with or healing from DID could identify with. I've been at this place many times to include now. For me it tends to rise to a place of literally "wouldn't I be better off just stopping the fight" when I feel overwhelmed. Or when an identity with these messages surfaces and I feel every bit of it. I'm posting it here not only to validate for survivors but to help those just trying to understand DID that this is our reality more often than not. Even as 99% healed and integrated, there are times I still struggle and am too tired to fight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this post... I had been trying to find words to share how I had been feeling with my therapist and husband and when I saw this video..I just wept...that IS how I feel right now. I sent the link of the video to them... and was finally able to break through some of the programming to be able to breathe again...
Thanks again..

castorgirl said...

Thank you for posting our video here.
We hope it helps others realise they are not alone in struggling with these thoughts, feelings and issues.
Take care
Sophie & others :)